Cook County Family Law Attorney
At the Boyd Law Firm , we give our clients “smart” legal representation. We focus on results and take the steps necessary to help our clients accomplish their goals. We aggressively pursue our clients’ best interests and work to ensure they are treated fairly in Illinois family court.
Contact our Chicago or Forest Park family law office to schedule an appointment. Your initial consultation is always free, and we offer flexible appointment times, with evening and weekend appointments available by request.
Legal Services to Meet Your Family’s Needs
Attorney Donald Boyd assists families with a wide variety of family law and estate planning services, including:
Family Law and Divorce
- Divorce and property division
- Prenuptial and post-marital agreements
- Child custody and child support
- Establishment of legal paternity for child custody and child support
- Grandparents' rights to visitation
- Guardianship for minor children and conservatorship for vulnerable adults
- Cohabitation and partnership agreements for same-sex couples and unmarried couples
- LGBT Issues
- Civil Unions
- Domestic Violence
- Orders of Protection
Real Estate Closings
We handle commercial and residential real estate closings for both buyers and sellers. Don Boyd is a title insurance agent for both First American Title Insurance and Chicago Title Insurance.
- Preparing wills and trusts
- Preparing "living wills" to tell your family what kind of medical care you would like to receive if you are not able to tell them yourself
- Powers of attorney to designate a medical or financial decision maker for your estate
Taking Your Case Back to Court
It is relatively common that the decisions made by a family law judge five or more years ago will need to be revised at a later date. Has your income gone up or down substantially? Is your child now out of daycare? Does your child require special care or tutoring?
If there has been a substantial change in your circumstances, you may be eligible for a reduction (or an increase) in child support. Contact our Cook County law office for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you with child support concerns.
Evening and weekend appointments available by request